how to reduce anxiety
Let's face it. We've all experienced anxiety.
Anxiety is our body's way of responding to stress. Symptoms of anxiety can include increased heart rate, sweating, feeling weak or nervous, and trouble concentrating. Many things can cause us to experience anxiety, such as a job interview or an exam for school. The good thing is, there are small steps we can take that can help relieve our anxiety. Some of them include:
- Writing down your thoughts: this is a good way to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper when it may feel like you can't get rid of them
- Exercising: the release of endorphins when you exercise can be helpful in reducing anxiety
- Taking supplements: incorporating supplements such as omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, and vitamins D & B complex has been proven to be effective in reducing anxiety if taken long-term
- Sleeping: because insomnia is a symptom of anxiety, it is important to make sure you're getting enough sleep at night. Some recommendations include not consuming large meals or caffeine before bed and turning off any electronics in the room an hour before going to bed
- Meditation: the goal is to take the bad thoughts out of your mind and replace them with peaceful and calming thoughts. 30 minutes of meditation per day has been shown to be effective in reducing anxiety